Monday, November 15, 2010

Coconut Oil


Supernova Granola is pretty heavy on the coconut.
I like to use unsweetened coconut flakes, coconut flour, and coconut oil.
I'm not sure how I got started on coconut oil, but I'm really glad I did. I've learned what an amazing and actually important part it can play in our health.

"It supports our overall immune functions; prevents bacterial, viral, and fungal infections, and digestive disorders; and increases the metabolic rate."-Oz Garcia, Ph.D. on coconut oil

The saturated fat in coconut is commonly used as a negative towards this healthy food. The fatty acids in coconut oil are powerful antibiotics and the they are easier to metabolize.
It's one of the top oils recommended by health experts.

another tip: I love using coconut oil when making popcorn on the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment