Thursday, February 3, 2011

Recipe: steel my heart


This is the kind of breakfast I imagine making for my husband and kids. It's warm, it's sweet, it's plentiful. Pretty great that the dates and cinnamon did all the sweetening. No need for anything else. I'm now putting this on regular breakfast rotation.

Steel-Cut Oats with Dates and Cinnamon (Feeding the Whole Family cookbook)
1 cup steel-cut oats
3 cups water
4 pitted dates, cut in small pieces
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon sea salt

Place ingredients in medium-size pan and stir briefly; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. okay. I have no idea what the difference between oats and steel cut oats. lame? yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for inspiring me to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete