Wednesday, July 11, 2012

what's cookin good lookin?

dinner
Summer eating. It's tricky cause avoiding the oven is preferred and not spending too much time on a meal is necessary. It's hot here in Utah (102 today) and there are way to many fun things going on which makes meal time short and simple. One of my go-to dinners is as simple as it gets and tastes the way a summer meal should.

heated up sprouted tortillas
sprinkled with mexican cheese
warm up some chili beans
layer on tortilla with spring lettuce, spinach, sweet peppers, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and a squeeze of lime.

I love the color that a mexican type dish like this brings. I normally would put the peppers and tomatoes in a pan to heat up as well, but decided to keep the heat off and have raw toppings. Worked just fine and saved me some sweat.

I like that a dish like this can be redone through the week with some tweaks. Instead black beans or add some fish, charbroil the peppers, add an egg etc.
What are you eating this summer?

Listen while you cook: Imagine Dragons "It's Time"

2 comments:

  1. What am I eating this summer? like 2-3 milkshakes a day is what I'm eating. It's pretty scary

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love an easy summer dinner idea. thanks

    ReplyDelete