Monday, October 29, 2012

whole wheat pancakes with pompegranate

 IMG_3906
I was skimming my pancakes tab in google reader and saw this recipe that interested me. I subbed almond flour in for the walnut flour. I also didn't have a full cup of almond flour, so I added the oats. I didn't have any applesauce, so I put in some plain yogurt. The story is, it turned out great. Delicious pancakes without having to go to the grocery store!
recipe adapted from Good Things Grow
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon maple syrup

Mix the dry ingredients together in a big bowl. If you do not have almond flour you can take almonds and put them in your food processor until a flour like texture.
In a small bowl mix the eggs, milk, yogurt, and maple syrup. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Don't over mix!

A drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkle of pomegranate arils is all you need! I got my pomegranate arils from Costco.

2 comments:

  1. i'm not sure i've ever had pomegranate seeds on pancakes. i'll have to try. yay for pomegranate season.

    ReplyDelete