Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Recipe: Waffle with boiled apples and cinnamon

waffle wednesday
I've been experimenting with a new waffle recipe.
This is gluten free, sugar free, oil free, and filling.
It's GOOD!
makes about 4 waffles

1/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup corn flour (or any flour)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1 egg
1 egg white
1 banana
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

blend and cook in hot waffle iron

Today I topped my waffle with boiled apples. Here's how I did it:
+washed and cut one apple into bite size chunks
+place in small pot with a little water
+let simmer with lid on for about 10 minutes
+add a sprinkle of cinnamon, lemon juice, and stevia
and you're done!

Very fall.

2 comments:

  1. oh, yum. this is free of everything i am used to eating and, yet, i am still salivating! looks good, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, your granola was amazing! I am sitting here eating it at school! Where can I buy some more? email me!

    ReplyDelete