Monday, September 19, 2011

Recipe: Zucchini Relish

wrap fixings
wrap fixings 2
sandwich wrap
After a 7 mile walk around Lake Union with my sisters in Seattle we were starving for lunch. My mom spread out all the lunch fixings and I was in heaven.

The spread:

Large wraps
nut hummus
turkey
provolone
avocado
tomato
peppers
zucchini
lettuce
salsa
s&p
zucchini relish

I wanted to share the zucchini relish recipe I got from my mom. I loved it!!! It would be very versatile; wraps, sandwiches, salads, dipped with chips, tacos, etc.


Zucchini Relish

Yield, about 4 half-pints

2 cups chopped zucchini (about 3 medium)
1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
½ cup chopped sweet green pepper (about 1 small)
½ cup chopped sweet red pepper (about 1 small)
2 Tbs. salt
1 ¾ cups sugar
2 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp. mustard seed
1 cup cider vinegar
Combine zucchini, onion, green and red peppers; sprinkle with salt; cover with cold water. Let stand 2 hours. Drain; rinse and drain thoroughly. Combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil. Add vegetables; simmer 10 minutes. Pack hot relish into hot jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.

2 comments:

  1. that Relish! oh my. i want it on everything i eat. so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy. i am making that relish this weekend. too good.

    ReplyDelete