Friday, November 25, 2011

Recipe: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

IMG_0469
I 'm a big fan of Coach's Oats. I love the texture---groats that have been "cracked and toasted." Have you ever tried? They cook fast. Basically, if rolled oats and steel cut oats had a child...

On the back of the bag there is an oatmeal cookie recipe (my favorite kind of cookie) but I don't love how much sugar and butter it calls for. So, with some substitutions and making do with what was in the cupboards and fridge incredible results were created. Make these quick. Before November ends!

Recipe: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup sucanat
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup applesauce
2 T butter
mix well with a hand mixer

In a separate bowl mix:
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup coach's oats
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder

combine dry and wet ingredients and add 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.

*use a mini cookie scooper. I like these as mini's.

Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Yum Janer. What is sucanat?

    I have one can of pumpkin left in my cupbord and 3 days left in Nov...

    I'll let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I found this post from Coach'e Oats on Facebook, way to go Jane!

    ReplyDelete