Thursday, August 16, 2012

muffins to freeze

 Image
 photo
I already shared this muffin recipe HERE, but I'm back to talk about them again.
Have you made them yet?

This time I bought butternut squash, cut it in half and cooked it in the oven for 30 minutes. Once it cooled I measured it by the cup full into bags to freeze for later use. I've used canned squash in these muffins before and that works just fine, but I couldn't find any at the store I was at so I just did it this way.

Sunday morning I made the muffins, but instead of dried cranberries and semi-sweet chocolate, I added frozen berries. Can't go wrong there!

This recipe makes about 26 muffins which I put in the freezer and I eat as a pre-workout snack in the morning.

Most muffin recipes out there are more like cupcakes in calories and fat, but these are healthy and you can tell because each ingredient does something good for your body. That's the way I like to eat!

2 comments:

  1. wow you are my inspiration, i feel the same way as you! i will have to try these and ill let you know! they look and sound bomb. creative how you eat them pre workout. smart. i wish we were friends in real life and lived in the same state haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am not sure if I told you this - but I'm healthy now! I'm working out like crazy. (I think I'm dreaming.) And these sound like the perfect snack to pull out on my way to Jillian Michael's Heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete