Monday, March 11, 2013

Recipe // Overnight Oat Waffles

waffles
On Sunday morning we had a sister breakfast at my place cause Kristine was in town. I made these waffles and they were so good I had to share. I love that they are flour less, I love the soaking aspect, and I loved having a leftover waffle for breakfast the next morning. I bet they would freeze great.

For toppings we had apples/bananas/strawberries/maple syrup and then a side of perfectly scrambled eggs (nice job Egan).

Overnight Oat Waffles
from Feeding the Young Athlete
yields 4 (double if you are serving more than 2 people)


2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
3/4 cup water
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sucanat
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine oats, yogurt, and water in blender. Cover and soak overnight in refrigerator.

In the morning, preheat waffle iron.

Blend oats mixture with remaining ingredients in blender until smooth

3 comments:

  1. Gonna try those-- make tonight, eat tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were so good! I dont know why I added syrup because they are perfectly sweet already.
    Thanks Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made them--they are going to be a weekly breakfast for sure. I love the no flour aspect, love the easiness of this, love the taste (the hint of spice, and love that I got the recipe from JANE and Cynthia from Bastyr! Win, win, win, win, win. AND Dad loved them! We ate the whole batch and it was perfect, Dad kept popping them onto his plate....

    ReplyDelete