Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Recipe: Raw Oats

raw oatsListen here.
I've had raw oats for almost every breakfast Monday-Friday for about 3 months. We'll see how long it'll ride out cause I am far from bored. The variations are endless and it's a cheap and healthier alternative to cold cereal.

What you need for one serving:
1/2 rolled oats
1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
1 packet stevia or drizzle of honey or drizzle of maple syrup
almond milk to cover oats
stir.

I usually finish getting ready and come back once it has set a little.

Options for toppings:
banana
frozen berries
fresh berries
nuts
dried fruit
coconut

Have you tried raw oats? How do you make yours?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried raw oats before, but I eat oatmeal almost everyday with either raspberries, strawberries, or dried cranberries. I'll have to try the raw oats though. And I've just recently heard about chia seeds. They sound amazing! Especially after reading your earlier post. I'll have to try them both out and let you know what I think. Good tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I have to try this. And thanks for the green smoothie recipie/chia and spirulina info!! They sound incredible!! You are my food icon! Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you remember all the crap we use to eat in college. that was freakin nasty. thank you for starting this blog and sharing all this wonderful stuff. all hail nova granola!

    ReplyDelete