Thursday, September 20, 2012

listening while I run

I'm a couple weeks away from marathon day (October 6th) and I'm really excited. And guess what?! I still love running! I'm pretty surprised myself. One thing that gets me out the door and on schedule for training is what I'm listening to.

When I first started training I was into Pandora and switching from the Beyonce station to the Dixie Chicks, to the Avett Brothers, to Jay Z, to Jimmy Eat World, Fleetwood Mac and around and around.

Then I got really into the Mormon channel where I listened to a bunch of "Conversations" which I really enjoyed.

Now I'm into audible.com and I've been through 3 books so far. I've been so happy with it.

Do you like listening to books while you're exercising?
Any books you recommend?
Picture 4



4 comments:

  1. Jane! That is so awesome. I've started to multi task in the morning by watching conference talks on my ipad while I do my hair and makeup before the girls get up.

    I haven't thought about running to it! Sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished listening to "A Thousand Splendid Suns"! If I were to do it again, I would go for the abridged version because the first 5 hours were a struggle to get through. We're rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could definitely run for long distances if I'm listening to Steve Jobs. I'm off to download Audible! Can't wait to see how you do. Are you running with Mags?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read "Room" and LOVED it. What didja think?

    ReplyDelete